Learn about Kammer & Reinhardt
The Kammer & Reinhardt doll company was formed in 1886 in Waltershausen, Thuringia, Germany by doll-maker Ernst Kämmer and businessman Franz Reinhardt.
The early Kammer & Reinhardt dolls were made of wax, and while Kammer & Reinhardt bisque doll heads and bodies were designed by by the company, most of the heads were manufactured by another German doll manufacturer, Simon & Halbig. They also purchased bisque heads from the porcelain factories of Kling and Schuetzmeister & Quendt.
From 1886 to 1909 they made dolls with a bisque head on a composition ball jointed body or kid, many with an open mouth with teeth, but after 1909 they diversified into other types of dolls including bisque, composition or celluloid heads, and cloth costume dolls with wired bodies, dressed as various professions.
Kammer & Reinhardt were one of the first producers to use coloured bisque for black, red Indian and oriental dolls, the latter of which had slanted eyes.
However, Kammer & Reinhardt is probably best known for their character baby and child dolls.
In 1902 Kammer & Reinhardt purchased the Heinrich Handwerck doll company and in 1919 they merged with the Simon & Halbig doll company. more...
These items are not for sale and the descriptions, images and prices are for reference purposes only.